Clean, healthy ketogenic lifestyle tips
Clean, healthy keto lifestyle eating means eating mostly real foods in their whole, unprocessed or fresh forms- think whole, organic vegetables and berries and nuts; wild caught seafood and antibiotic free meats etc..
1) EAT REAL- real food is clean food. If you can imagine it growing out of the ground, being raised on a farm or in the wild, it's real food and real good.
2) CHOOSE ONE- if a food has only one ingredient ie. broccoli, chicken- it's clean
3) EAT NAKED- Foods that do not come in packages like fresh vegetables, berries, meat, fish, nuts, eggs are clean.
4) GO ORGANIC- When you opt for organic, you get the cleanest kind of food, grown or raised without pesticides, insecticides, chemical fertilizers, hormones, steroids and/or chemical-laden feed.
5) EAT WHAT YOU CAN PRONOUNCE- If you can read the ingredients in a food out loud without thinking huh? it's probably clean.
6) PRIORITIZE PLANTS- Vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber and are nearly devoid of the calories, sugar and toxins known to cause weight gain and health issues. Only problem? Most of us do not eat enough of them.
7) GIVE UP THE WHITE STUFF- If you really want to eat clean, avoid sugar in its various forms and disguises. If you want to sweeten, opt for replacements such as Stevia, erythritol, xylitol, monk fruit or a tiny bit of molasses.
8) COOK AT HOME- Most meals from restaurants, take out places and meals from Supermarkets are high in sugar, MSG and made with processed ingredients. When you cook at home, you choose exactly what does or does not go into your body.
9) ENJOY EVERY BITE- Healthy keto, clean eating is about enjoying delicious real food- each and every bite. If it doesn't taste good, do not eat it.